Dr. James M. Grimson, M.D.
Dr. James M. Grimson received his Bachelor’s of Science in Systems Engineering from the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, where he graduated with Distinction. He furthered his education by pursuing his medical degree at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. He completed his internship at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego. His post graduate training includes a Residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, Virginia, serving as Chief Resident from 2003-2005, and again in 2007.
Prior to joining Peninsula Radiological Associates, in 2011 he was the Medical Director of the Radiology Department, and the Lead Interpreting Physician of Breast Imaging at the Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, VA. Dr. Grimson was an assistant professor for Radiology/Radiological Sciences at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. In addition, he has served as a Flight Surgeon at the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center, and as a F-14 Fighter Pilot for the United States Navy, and was qualified in F-14, F-16 and A-4 jets. he also served as an instructor pilot for three years at the Naval Fighter Weapons School, the real-life “TOPGUN”.
Dr. Grimson is Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology, and is also a member of the American College of Radiology, and the Radiological Society of North America. He has over 50 submissions to Medpix, a peer-reviewed medical image database and atlas.
Dr. Grimson recently moved to Williamsburg, VA and enjoys spending time with his wife, son and daughter.
- B.S., United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
- M.D., University of California, San Diego School of Medicine
- Internship, Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology
- Medical Licenses in Virginia, North Carolina and California
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Assistant Professor of Radiology/Radiological Sciences, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences