Dennie Bartol, M.D., F.A.C.R
Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Dr. Dennie Thomasson Bartol, M.D., FACR graduated from Wake Forest University with a Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry. He obtained his medical degree at the University of Virginia School of Medicine. He received his internship training at the Medical College of Virginia, where he also completed his Residency in diagnostic radiology. Dr. Bartol completed an Interventional Radiology Fellowship at Georgetown University.
Currently, Dr. Bartol is an interventional radiologist at Riverside Regional Medical Center, where he also the director of interventional radiology.
In addition to being Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology, Dr. Bartol is certified by the North Carolina Board of Medicine and the Virginia Board of Medicine. He also holds a Certificate of Added Qualification in Interventional Radiology. Dr. Bartol is a member of many professional societies, including the Radiological Society of North America, the Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, and the Southeastern Angiography Society. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Radiology, where he previously held a position as President of the Virginia Chapter. Throughout his career, Dr. Bartol has published many peer-reviewed papers and presented at conferences across the country. Dr. Bartol was awarded the “Top Docs” award in 2009, and the “Super Docs” award in 2011. He resides in Newport News with his wife and two children.
- B.A., Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- M.D., University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- Rotating Internship, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Resident, Diagnostic Radiology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Fellow, Interventional Angiography, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Board Certified, American Board of Radiology
- CAQ Interventional Radiology
- Virginia Board of Medicine
- North Carolina Board of Medicine
- Radiological Society of North America
- Fellow – American College of Radiology
- American College of Radiology, Virginia Chapter
- Southeastern Angiographic Society, past president
- Hampton Roads Top Physicians 2011