Dr. Benjamin J. Pettus, M.D., PhD
Dr. Ben Pettus graduated summa cum laude from Point Loma Nazarene University with a Bachelor’s in Biology and Chemistry. He received his PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biopathology with thesis relevant to cancer therapeutics, and then earned his M.D. from the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC. Dr. Pettus completed his internship at Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News, VA, and his post graduate training included a Residency in Diagnostic Radiology as well as a Fellowship in Mammography and Breast Imaging from the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis, MO.
Dr. Pettus is Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology and is also a member of the Radiological Society of North America, American Roentgen Ray Society, Society of Breast Imaging, Phi Delta Lambda PLNU Graduate Honor Society, and the American College of Radiology.
Throughout his career, Dr. Pettus has attended and presented at numerous national and international meetings, and held various teaching positions. He has over twenty peer-reviewed research publications, co-authored and was awarded a National Institute of Health (NIH) Mass Spectrometry Shared Instrumentation Grant, and has filed for U.S. Provisional Patents related to findings from his research.
Dr. Benjamin Pettus: International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- B.A., summa cum laude Biology and Chemistry, Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, CA. Graduation Distinction in Chemistry.
- Ph.D. Molecular and Cellular Biopathology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston SC. Distinguished Graduate Student Award.
- M.D. Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina.
- Internship, Riverside Regional Medical Center, Newport News, VA.
- Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology.
- Fellowship, Mammography and Breast Imaging, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO.
- American Board of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Research Associates of PLNU
- Phi Delta Lambda, PLNU Graduate Honor Society
“Dr. Pettus is an outstanding example of a kind and caring professional. On a recent visit, he explained all procedures in detail and on a level that was understood. He took took much time to do so and even stopped what he was doing. Dr. Pettus and his team stayed after hours late at the end of the day to do follow up procedures so that I would not have to worry and wait until the next week. The next day, Dr. Pettus called with results of the procedure. Riverside is extremely fortunate to have such a kind and compassionate individual who is outstanding in every way. I recommend him as a true champion of caring. Thank you Dr. Pettus for being there for me and everyone else who has the fortune of having you in their corner!”