A recent study presented at the annual Radiological Society of North America meeting determined that more than 64% of respondents stated that they had little or no understanding regarding the critical role of radiologist. Radiologists specialize in producing pictures of the human body using state-of-the-art imaging technology, such as X-rays, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). These medical specialists are central members of the multidisciplinary clinical care team who play a vital role in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and injuries within adults and children, including babies and unborn fetuses.
At Peninsula Radiological Associates, patients are offered the following specialties and services:
• CAT Scans, which display several different types of tissue
• X-rays, which identify and treat bone fractures
• DEXA Scans, which measure bone loss and density
• Embolization, which stop blood supply to destructive tumors
• MRI, which diagnose cancer, vascular disease, and neurological disorders
• Musculoskeletal imaging, which pinpoint spinal disorders and arthritis
• Nuclear medicine, such as PET scans, which evaluate respiratory problems and organ function
• Radiofrequency Ablation, which locate and eliminate tumors using electrical energy
Of course, there are several other imaging procedures available through the dependable care of our board-certified radiologists. Women’s Imaging, for example, includes a wide range of valuable services related to breast cancer, such as digital mammography and image guided biopsy.
Because these terms can appear confusing or overwhelming to some patients, we uphold the ideas behind the “Radiology Cares” initiative, which seeks to effectively promote effective communication between the patient and healthcare providers. As a result, our patients are empowered to make informed decisions regarding their rehabilitative care.
Overall, direct communication is essential to improving our community’s awareness of the dynamic role radiologists play in healthcare. Even more importantly, direct interactions with these specialists will enhance patient understanding and maintain comfort regarding their undergoing tests and procedures. These are the goals that we strive to achieve on a daily basis in order to provide the best healthcare possible.
We strongly encourage patient education, and are always ready and willing to answer any questions regarding your health. Peninsula Radiology Associates is happy to serve your imaging needs.