Timothy Farrell, M.D., F.A.C.R
US, CT, Interventional, Nuclear Medicine, Sereotactic Biopsy
Dr. Timothy Farrell graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania with an A.B. in Biology. He received his M.D. from the Pennsylvania State University in 1979. Following medical school, Dr. Farrell completed a categorical internship at the Pennsylvania State University Hospital, where he completed his Residency in Radiology, and served as chief resident . At the same University Hospital, he also completed his fellowship training in Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Farrell joined the Riverside Health systems as a radiologist in 2008.
Dr. Farrell is Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology, and is also a member of the American Medical Association, Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, and American Roentgen Ray Society. In addition, he is Councilor for the American College of Radiology, and Secretary for the ACR Virginia Chapter.
Dr. Farrell held various teaching position at Pennsylvania State University, the National Naval Medical Center and Harrisburg Hospital. He also servers as Lieutenant Commander in the US Navy Reserves. Dr. Farrell has published numerous articles in peer reviewed journals and presented papers for Radiological Societies.
Dr. Farrell currently resides in Williamsburg with his wife Barbara. During his free time he enjoys spending time with his two sons, Kevin and John. He also is passionate about classical numismatics, history, politics, music and reading, and on sunny afternoons you can find him perfecting his golfing skills on the green.
- A.B., University of Pennsylvania, Magna Cum Laude, Philadelphia, PA
- M.D., Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA
- Categorical Internship. University Hospital, Pennsylvania State University
- Resident, Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital,Pennsylvania State University – Chief Resident
- Fellowship Training, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Pennsylvania State University
- American Board of Radiology Certification
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Pennsylvania State License
- Virginia State License
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Medical Association
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Instructor in Radiology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences / NMC Bethesda, 1983 – 1986
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University Hospital, Pennsylvania State University, 1986 – 1993
- Clinical Associate Professor, University Hospital, Pennsylvania State University,1993 – 1997