September is National Prostate Cancer Awareness month and Peninsula Radiology Associates would like to encourage you to make prostate health a priority. The focus during Prostate Cancer Awareness month is education and prevention. Urologists recommend that men discuss prostate cancer with their doctors and get tested. Cancer screenings look for cancer before it causes symptoms. Like any cancer, early detection can be life saving.
Our team of accomplished physicians at PRA have a wide range of sub-specialty, fellowship trained expertise, which allows them to provide our patients with outstanding care. Doctors recommend men get a prostate exam beginning at age 50, but if there’s a family history of cancer, they recommend getting tested at age 40.
During National Prostate Awareness Month, Healthline Networks empowers men to learn the steps they can take to protect their prostate:
- Diet – research suggest the following foods should be included in your diet to reduce your risk factors
- Antioxidant known as Lycopene
- Green Vegetables
- Omega 3 fatty acid including fish and fish oil
- Soybean – tofu, chickpeas, lentils
- Replace animal fats with healthy plant based fats
- Stop Smoking
- Exercise regularly to reduce fat in the middle of the body
- Talk to your doctor about prostate screenings and inform your doctor of any changes in urination or discomfort in your pelvic area.
Join PRA in recognizing National Prostate Awareness Month by taking these steps today! Make your prostate health a priority. And don’t forget to spread the word to your family and friends. Our team of board certified and fellowship trained radiologists have delivered the most comprehensive range of medical diagnostic imaging and procedures available anywhere on the Virginia Peninsula. Call Peninsula Radiology Associates today (757) 989-8830 for your medical diagnostic procedures.