Dr. Jonathan H. DeMeo, M.D.
CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine
Dr. Jonathan H. DeMeo is a distinguished graduate of Virginia Military Institute, with a B.S. In Biology. He received his medical degree from the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College in 1986. After earning his medical degree, he began his Residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Winthrop-University Hospital in New York, and then completed it at VCU’s Medical College, where he has also completed a Fellowship in Abdominal Imaging.
Dr. DeMeo joined Peninsula Radiology Associates in 1998, and serves on the Radiology Executive Committee. He is also the Director of the Nuclear Medicine Department at Riverside Regional Medical Center, and a staff physician at Riverside Regional Medical Center, Riverside Tappahannock Hospital, and Riverside Walter Reed Hospital. Previously, Dr. DeMeo was Captain in the U.S. Army Reserves Medical Corps.
Dr. DeMeo is double Board Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners, and by the American Board of Radiology. He is also a member of the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American College of Radiology, and the Peninsula Radiological Society.
He is the publishing author, or co-author for numerous peer reviewed papers, and has completed over ten scientific exhibits. Dr. DeMeo has presented at many meetings and seminars across the country. He was awarded “Top Docs” in Hampton Roads Magazine for two consecutive years.
- B.S., Virginia Military Institute, Distinguished
- M.D. Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Diagnostic Radiology Resident, Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, NY
- Diagnostic Radiology Resident, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Fellowship, Abdominal Imaging, Medical College of Virginia , Richmond, VA
- Board Certified: National Board of Medical Examiners
- Board Certified: American Board of Radiology
- Virginia State Medical License
- North Carolina Medical License
- Assistant Professor, Abdominal Imaging Section, Department of Radiology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Staff Physician, Riverside Regional Medical Center
- Staff Physician, Riverside Tappahannock Hospital
- Staff Physican, Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
My appointment at Peninsula Radiology was the best medical experience I had in years. When I came in for my test, Dr. DeMeo and his assistant, Jamie, where both very professional, and took their time to carefully explain everything to me. They made what can normally be a very unpleasant experience, very nice. They went well beyond what they needed to, in order to make me feel very relaxed and comfortable. In addition, everything was done on time, and efficient, I was never kept waiting. When I come across such good service, I feel like I ought to share it. I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Demeo, Jamie and the rest of the team at Peninsula Radiology, they do an outstanding job. – Dennis Ankeney