The Center for Interventional Oncology
The Center for Interventional Oncology at Peninsula Radiology offers innovative, state-of-the-art therapies in the treatment of cancer. Our team consists or specialty trained, board-certified physicians. Our doctors use the most advanced equipment to treat many cancer patients. With all the new advancements in technology our radiologist use image-guided procedures to diagnose, treat and follow up on patients with cancers.
We offer a wide spectrum of minimally invasive oncological procedures including:
- Radio frequency (RF) Ablation- this involves the localized destruction of lung, liver, soft tissue, adrenal, and/or bone tumors using radio frequency waves or freezing respectively
- Embolization – Delivery of clotting agents directly to an area that is bleeding or to block blood flow to an aneurysm or a fibroid tumor in the uterus.
- Chemoembolization- using image guidance to target and treat malignant tumors in the liver directly via their blood supply
- Trascatheter Arterial Chemoembolization: Maximizing the amount of the chemotherapeutic dose that is directed to a tumor and minimizing the amount of the chemotherapeutic agent that could damage normal liver tissue.
- Needle Biopsy – Diagnostic test for breast, lung and other cancers. An alternative to surgical biopsy
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty: Used to treat painful vertebral compression fractures in the spine, most often the result of osteoporosis.
Our well-trained and friendly staff assists our excellent doctors. They are here to help you in planning, scheduling, and following up after your treatment.
The members of our interventional oncology section meet weekly to implement a collaborative approach to cancer diagnosis. These regular meetings include:
- Tumor board
- Breast tumor board
- Neuroscience conferences
At Peninsula Radiology, we recognize that every patient and situation is unique. By spending a considerable amount of time with each patient, you can be certain that all our treatment plans are perfectly tailored to best suit the needs of each individual patient. We also work closely with your with your referring physician to further ensure that our patients are receiving the best treatment.